Villychart

No 1 ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC NEWS AND SPORTS BLOG.

Tuesday 5 July 2016

INTERVIEW WITH FAST RISING MUSICIAN MICCHAEL


After much compromising, Villychart correspondent omalara got into a short phone chat/interview with upcoming talented musician Micchael.
The singer tells us about his Musical career and music life, dealing with his new found status in the Nigeria music industry.
  Micchael you are welcome to villychart interview .
Thank you for having me.
  Tell us about yourself and your music ?
Actually, I am Micchael an afro beat artiste who is 19 years old still young though {laughs}. I am born into the family of Mr and Mrs Raymond Onwumere, I am from Imo state I am the first son of my family and I love reading a lot.
   How did you get into music ?
I started doing music at a very young age and became a professional in 2011. I used to be a backup artiste for other upcoming musician until I decided to do my own thing and came out with my first track “swagger mi toh bad” In 2015 and the rest is History.
  Are You Signed To Any Record Label ?
No, am not signed to any record label at the moment.
  What has it been like not having a record label
To be sincere ,every dream of an upcoming artiste is to have a record label behind him/her. Upcoming artiste finds it hard doing music solo.
The reason why the record label is there is to provide approximately 80% of the finanaces to support your music career, but by the grace of God, I am pushing mineand I am building my own platform because not every record label is willing to sign artiste who hasn’t built themselves.
  If a record label comes for you will you still give them your signature ?
Yeah , why not like I said earlier upcoming  artiste finds it difficult to do music solo, so why not?
  Are you desperate for a record deal ?
No , am not desperate for a record deal if I am desperate for a record deal I would’t be where I am now but we are just keeping it on the low.
  So, tell us about your new music “Jokan”
Jokan is a new dance move I created myself and jokan is a follow up to “swagger mi toh bad”. Jokan is a blend of afro beat and dancehall music and am getting good reviews from jokan.
  Who are the artistes or persons you look up to in the fast pace Nigeria music industry?
I look up to no one but I respect a lot of Nigerian Musicians especially the legend Victor uwaifo I grew up listening to sir victor uwaifo and I respect Emperor geezy a lot for the lives he has brought up, I admire artistes like Sugarboy, Wande-coal, Tubaba and a host of other prominent artiste.
  If you were to work with the established artiste who do you wish to work with
If it’s possible all of them {laughs} but majorly I will like to collaborate with Sugarboy, Tubaba, falz infact all of them {laughs}
  How do your fans connect with you on social media
You can follow me on twitter @alanmichaelone
Any thing for your fans like words of encouragement
Without my fans I am nothing am using this medium to say a big thank you for showing me love is not easy, God bless all your hustle and make you reap double
Thank you Micchael for this this interview

You are much welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment