Villychart

No 1 ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC NEWS AND SPORTS BLOG.

Thursday 29 June 2017

Adele may never tour again



It's official, Adele has a bigger pull than the England national football team. Or any football team in the country for that matter.

The London singer attracted 98,000 fans into the home of English football for the first of her four-night residency at the venue.


During the gig, she paid tribute to the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire, where she was seen helping out at the scene of the disaster not far from her own home, and asked fans to donate to the relief fund.

She also left in style, in a London black cab (perhaps Uber don't operate inside stadiums?)
Adele has said previously that she's not a fan of touring, so a quick cab home will have suited her down to the ground.

The Wembley dates crown an epic world tour and in the handwritten programme notes she confirmed: "I don't know if I'll ever tour again."

Adele said: "So this is it after 15 months on the road and 18 months of 25 we are at the end. We have taken this tour across UK + Ireland, throughout Europe, all over America and I finally got to go to Australia and New Zealand too.

"Touring is a peculiar thing, it doesn't suit me particularly well. I'm a real homebody and I get so much joy in the small things. Plus I'm dramatic and have a terrible history of touring. Until now that is! I've done 119 shows and these last 4 will take me up to 123, it has been hard out an absolute thrill and pleasure to have done."

She added:

I only ever did this tour for you and to hopefully have an impact on you the way that some of my favourite artist have had on me live. And I wanted my final shows to be in London because I don't know if I'll ever tour again and so I want my last time to be at home.
"Thank you for coming, for all of your ridiculous love and kindness. I will remember all of this for the rest of my life. Love you. Goodnight for now" ❤️Adele".

No comments:

Post a Comment